2020 Volkswagen Passat Available Driver Assistance Features
Driving is one of the most dangerous daily activities that we do. Car accidents are one of the leading causes of death, not only in the United States but also worldwide. Many manufacturers have responded to this issue by implementing more safety technology into their vehicles. Volkswagen is one of the many manufacturers who have focused on keeping their drivers safe. One of their vehicles, the 2020 Volkswagen Passat, has several available driver assistance features. Keep reading to learn more about each one.
A more confident drive and greater peace of mind
- Adaptive Cruise Control. This system keeps you at a preset speed and distance. If the vehicle in front of you adjusts their speed, the system will detect the change and respond appropriately.
- Blind Spot Monitor. When changing lanes, this system will warn you of any vehicles that are in your blind spot. Active Blind Spot Monitor will steer you back into your lane if you start to change lanes with a vehicle in your blind spot.
- High Beam Control. This feature helps to provide improved visibility at night. Based on conditions, this system will turn on your high beams and turn them off when a vehicle approaches from the opposite direction.
- Lane Keeping System. When driving at speeds of 37 mph and above, this system will detect if you start to drift out of your lane. It will also help keep you in your lane if it’s within the limits of the system.
- Parking Steering Assist. Parallel parking will be much easier with this feature. The drive operates the accelerator, brake, and shifter, while the system operates the steering. It will also let you know if the Volkswagen Passat will fit into the empty spot.
- Park Distance Control. As you reverse out of or into a parking spot, this system will alert you if you are too close to another vehicle. The closer you get to an object, the more frequent the warning will sound.
- Forward Collision Warning. This system detects the vehicle ahead of you. If needed, it will increase brake pressure to prevent a collision from occurring.
- Rear Traffic Alert. When reversing out of a parking spot, sensors will alert you of vehicles approaching from the left or right. If needed, it will also apply the brakes.
[ Read more: Best Food Delivery Apps to Use During COVID-19 ]
2020 Volkswagen Passat in Morgantown, WV
If you want a vehicle that makes you feel safe on the road, check out our inventory of the 2020 Volkswagen Passat right here in Morgantown, WV. If you’re concerned about visiting the dealer during the pandemic, check out our letter on how we’re taking extreme caution. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have.