2022 Volkswagen Taos Advanced Driver Assistance Technology
While many brands are releasing information on 2021 models as they arrive at dealerships, a few are already providing information on 2022 models. One of these brands is Volkswagen. While they are still releasing 2021 models, they have already put information about the 2022 Volkswagen Taos on their website. Since we’re so excited about this model, we thought we would pass on some of this information. Keep reading as we explore the advanced driver assistance technology of the 2022 Volkswagen Taos.
You might also like: Feel More Confident on the Road with the 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan
Intelligent features that will help you navigate the road
- Lane Keeping System. When driving at speeds above 37 mph, this system can detect when you are accidentally drifting into another lane without activating the turn signal. If needed, the system can help keep you in your current lane.
- Forward Collision Warning with Pedestrian Monitoring. This feature can detect vehicles and pedestrians in your path and will warn you if a potential collision has been detected. If needed, it can automatically apply the brakes.
- Adaptive Cruise Control. This system will maintain aa set speed and distance from the vehicle directly ahead of you. If the vehicle ahead changes its speed, the system can sense the change and will adjust your speed accordingly.
- Active Blind Spot Monitor. This feature will detect vehicles in your blind spots and will alert you if you attempt to change lanes. Active Blind Spot Monitor can also counter-steer to keep you in your lane if needed.
- Rear Traffic Alert. When reversing, this system will alert you if it senses a vehicle approaching from the left or right. If needed, it can also automatically apply the brakes.
- Emergency Assist. By monitoring steering wheel activity, this system can detect when a driver is non-responsive and can no longer operate the vehicle. It will then bring the vehicle to a controlled stop.
- Travel Assist. When going on long trips, the commute can become tiring. This feature will apply gentle support with steering, accelerating, and braking to help keep you centered in your lane and maintain a set distance from the vehicle ahead. It can also maintain a consistent speed without a vehicle ahead.
Learn more about the 2022 Volkswagen Taos
While we don’t expect to see this model in dealerships for a while, we will still provide information as we receive it. You can continue learning more about this model by following our blog and looking out for more posts.