Available Driver Assist Features of the Upcoming 2021 Volkswagen ID.4
Ever since Volkswagen announced that they would be releasing a new all-electric SUV in 2021, we have been eagerly waiting on the edge of our seats. As we wait for the 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 to start arriving at dealerships, we might as well learn what to expect from this model. Besides being an all-electric SUV, this model also provides an extra layer of safety and confidence with the IQ.Drive suite. Keep reading as we explore the available driver assist features of the upcoming 2021 Volkswagen ID.4.
You might also enjoy: 2020 Volkswagen Taos Packs Major Technology in Compact Frame
Make every trip just a little easier
- Lane Keeping System. When driving at speeds of 37 mph and above, this system can sense when you are drifting into another lane. If needed, the system can apply gentle corrective steering to keep you in your lane.
- Forward Collision Warning with Pedestrian Monitoring. This system will detect vehicles and pedestrians ahead of you and can alert you of potential collisions. The system will supply extra brake pressure to help avoid collision. If you don’t react at all, the system can also automatically apply the brakes.
- Adaptive Cruise Control. This feature allows you to maintain a preset speed and maintain a preset following distance from the vehicle directly ahead of you. When the vehicle in front of you adjusts their speed, the system will detect the change and react accordingly.
- Blind Spot Monitor. This feature will alert you of vehicles in your blind spot when you attempt to change lanes. With the help of the Lane Keeping System, this feature an also keep you in your lane if you attempt to change lanes when there is a vehicle present in a blind spot.
- Rear Traffic Alert. When reversing, this feature will detect vehicles approaching from the side and can help apply the brakes if needed.
Stay up to date on the Volkswagen ID.4 with the Weimer Volkswagen team
As we wait for the Volkswagen ID.4 to become available to everyone, keep reading the Weimer Volkswagen blog. We plan to share information about this all-new all-electric SUV as we receive it. If you already know that you want this model, you can reserve a model online!